STAY SAFE, START LIVING
Your health is our utmost priority. The Kona Kai Resort & Spa team is committed to protecting the wellbeing of our guests and team members by providing a comfortable and safe environment. Our team has been fully trained on the importance of upholding the highest level of sanitation standards and we’re taking every precaution to protect our guests, community, and staff. We have made several adjustments to our hotel operations to ensure your safety.
Our team has diligently implemented all safety precautions recommended by the CDC and in accordance with state and county guidelines. Even so, it is impossible to eliminate all risks of exposure to infectious disease. If you have specific questions or concerns that are not addressed in the materials provided, please email us at email@example.com or call 619-452-3138 to be directed to the appropriate member of our team.
Due to our heightened safety measures, some facilities or services may not be available, but we’re committed to making your stay as comfortable as possible with our award-winning service. These are our enhancements to our current cleanliness standards:
Guest Check-In: 4:00pm
Action Water Sports: Open
Beach Firepits: Open
Fitness Center: Open
Please keep your mouth and nose covered while in public spaces. County regulations require all people in San Diego County to wear masks inside or in line for any retail or commercial business.
- Plexiglass dividers installed at the front desk.
- Physical distancing required while in line.
- Keycards are sanitized before each use.
Keeping Your Distance
- Seating in all public areas, pools, and lounges is positioned at least six feet apart.
- We recommend that all guests strive to maintain at least six feet between themselves and others.
- Social distancing is practiced by all associates on property.
- All property outlets will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits.
- Stairwells and alternatives to elevators are clearly marked and open for guest use.
PPE & Hand Sanitizer
- Disposable face coverings and gloves are available upon request.
- Appropriate PPE is worn by all associates based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- Gloves are worn by housekeeping and all other team members in direct contact with guests.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, are placed at all guest and associate entrances and contact areas such as driveways, reception areas, hotel lobby, restaurant, meeting and convention spaces, elevator landings, pools, spa, and exercise areas.
- Hand sanitizer supply levels are checked by staff on a routine basis.
Lobby & Public Areas
- High touch areas, including but not limited to doors, door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, public phones, public furniture, remote controls, signature pads, credit card readers, and drinking stations are cleaned and sanitized on a frequent and routine basis.
- High traffic areas including but not limited to entryways, hallways, and elevators are cleaned and sanitized routinely.
- Our team upholds a strict schedule of routine hand sanitation throughout their time on property.
- Public restrooms are cleaned with increased frequency. Flushers, locks, walls, toilet seats, dispensing stations, sinks, faucets, and doors are disinfected during each service.
- All reception areas (front desk, host stand, spa desk, etc.) are wiped down between every guest interaction.
- A variety of touchpoints in our public spaces have been removed. For those that remain, enhanced sanitation routines are in place.
BEFORE YOUR STAY
- Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon departure.
- For our guests’ safety, we’ve eliminated certain amenities such as magazines, in-room coffee, and menus.
- Used linen is folded and bagged in each guest room (staff never shakes towels or sheets in the room to avoid releasing any particles into the air).
- Housekeeping leverages partnerships with national vendors on best cleaning practices, tools, and supplies. Ecolab Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner Chemical is utilized for sanitation on all hard and non-porous surfaces.
- Increased attention to thorough vacuuming of rugs and sanitation of floors, including low-traffic and hard-to-reach surfaces.
DURING YOUR STAY
- We have eliminated nightly housekeeping services. However, you can request housekeeping service 24 hours in advance by contacting the Front Desk.
- Special requests for additional toiletries are available via a no-touch basket delivery service.
- You may opt out of housekeeping services at any point during your stay if desired.
- Housekeepers wear appropriate PPE when entering guest rooms, guests are also encouraged to wear facemasks when staff are present in the room.
- Breakfast: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 11:00am
- Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 8:00am – 2:00pm
- Lunch: Monday -Friday 11:00am – 2:00pm
- Happy Hour – 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Dinner: Monday – Sunday
5:30pm – 8:00pm
Room Service – currently not available
- Daily 11:00am – 6:00pm
Monday – Sunday – 9 am – 5 pm
- Spa treatment rooms and wellness center spaces are fully sanitized between each service.
- Guests may forgo accessing spa communal spaces if requested.
- Full refunds will be honored if guests must cancel appointments due to illness.
Pools & Hot Tubs
The hotel’s outdoor pool is open with limited access adhering to the county’s social distancing guidelines. Jacuzzi at Tiki Pool now open.
We understand that you want to experience more than the resort when you travel. We also know that venturing out looks a little different than it used to. These are our tips for making the most of San Diego while also caring for your personal health and safety.
Activities in San Diego
Many of our favorite area experiences are available during your stay, including the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, the USS Midway museum, Stars & Stripes Sailing, Cabrillo National Monument, and Seal Tours.
Activities at Kona Kai Resort & Spa
There are endless options for entertainment without stepping foot off the resort. From complimentary beach cruisers, watersports rentals with Action Watersports, fireside s’mores and much more, we offer ways to enjoy San Diego’s perfect weather.
ENHANCED CLEANLINESS STANDARDS
Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens. We are working with our vendors, distribution partners, and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of cleaning supplies and necessary PPE.
Your peace of mind is important to us – if you have additional questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-452-3138 to be directed to the appropriate member of our team.
For more information on COVID-19 and the latest national guidelines, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. State Department’s page regarding COVID-19, or your local health authority.
ASSOCIATE & GUEST HEALTH CONCERNS
Our associates have clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to local health officials.
Associates are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are trained on how to handle encountering guests or associates exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
If we are alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 at the property, we will work with public health officials and follow their recommended actions.